Thursday 30 March 2017

Review: L'Oreal Elseve Extraordinary Clay


If you struggle with greasy hair, you will know that it can be quite a challenge to find hair care that will cater to your needs. With a majority of products focused on dry and damaged hair, I struggle to find something that would work well with my hair. For that reason, I was excited to see that this collection was finally available in our drugstores.
A hair care regime that would help my greasy roots and at the same time keep in mind the dry ends of my hair seemed too good to be true and of course, I had to try it out.


After trying them out for a good month, L'Oreal very kindly surprised me with a set (shampoo, conditioner and mask) as well. So I now have a backup for when I run out and I've already properly used the products the products so I can let you know how I feel about them.

The set I received from L'Oreal contained the Extraordinary Clay Purifying shampoo, Extraordinary Clay Purifying conditioner and Extraordinary Clay mask/ pre-shampoo treatment. When I was buying the products myself, I also found the Extraordinary Clay anti-dandruff shampoo


EXTRAORDINARY CLAY MASK / PRE-SHAMPOO TREATMENT


Following the order of use, pre-shampoo clay mask is the first and the most intriguing item in the collection. It is surprisingly easy to use (apply through the roots) and works well with my routine as I can easily leave the mask on while I wash my face before jumping into the shower. It washes out effortlessly and the hair is ready for shampoo.

The mask contains three different clays (kaolin, magnesium aluminum silicate and montmorillonite) as well as salicylic acid, eucalyptus leaf oil and olive oil. The clays should help to remove any impurities and excess sebum, while the salicylic works its anti-acne magic. Eucalyptus oil should help to cleanse and refresh the scalp and I presume the olive oil is in there to prevent over-drying.

After using the mask, my hair feels extra lightweight and clean but (to my surprise) does not feel or look too dry. I can easily go three days without washing my hair and even squeeze in a few more with a bit of help from dry shampoo.

If you are struggling with extra greasy hair, you might want to use the mask with every wash, although I tend to use it every other time I wash my hair. It seems like a wonderful way to fully cleanse the hair and remove any residue that might be left in your hair. Even if your hair is not so prone to oiliness, this could be a lovely refreshment every once in a while.

My only issue with this mask is the small amount of product (150 ml) that you get in there. Even though I only use it on the roots, a pot of this would last me about 4-5 uses. However, this will depend on the frequency and amount you use every time.


EXTRAORDINARY CLAY PURIFYING / ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO


The shampoos also contain all three clays and promise to be without silicone. The anti-dandruff shampoo contains two extra ingredients: eucalyptus globulus leaf oil and piroctane olamine which (according to the www.dandruffdeconstructed.com) is »an ingredient found in dandruff shampoos and topical skin products. It is an antifungal and antimicrobial compound used to treat fungal infections of the skin, including scalp infections that cause dandruff. When added to shampoo, piroctone olamine destroys the fungus and works to prevent new dandruff from forming. It relieves symptoms such as itching and flaking and helps the scalp stay clear. When compared to other active anti-dandruff ingredients, piroctone olamine also demonstrates an ability to reduce hair shedding; this makes it a desirable treatment for many who suffer from hair loss. «

Both shampoos give my hair a clean and lightweight effect. I did not notice a big difference between the two. At first, I used the purifying one and switched to the anti-dandruff one after half a month. Dandruff is not a big issue for me (it usually appears only if I use a new product that my hair doesn't like) therefore I can't say if the anti-dandruff shampoo helps to heal it or not, however, while using it I had no problems with dandruff.


I hate the feeling of stepping out of the shower, drying my hair and realizing that is still doesn't look completely fresh and clean. Normally, I would shampoo my hair twice in a row, to make sure it feels really clean, but when using the Extraordinary Clay line, I find there is no need to do that as my hair feels clean enough after the first time. It saves me a lot of time (and product) and is one of the main reasons I enjoy the line so much.


EXTRAORDINARY CLAY PURIFYING CONDITIONER


Back in the days, I would never conditioner as it always made my hair feel greasy and dirty by the end of the day. Even now, I tend to use it strictly in the ends of my hair when I feel like I need it.
The conditioner in the Extraordinary Clay line contains all three clays as well. I was not sure what to expect from it but it turned out to be a lovely, light but moisturizing product. It made my hair soft to the touch and made them easy to brush through (which is not easy to achieve with my mane). It did not make my hair greasy and kept it lightweight and frizz-free.

...

The whole collection was surprisingly impressive and I am happy to have a backup already waiting for me. The scent was a bit of a surprise to me as I (who knows why) imagined something a bit more herbal, while they actually smell sweet and fruity. The scent lingers a bit, but is not overpowering and I quite like it.  
I enjoy the shampoos a lot and can see myself using them regularly. The mask is a great option to choose when you need a deep cleanse and I like that there is something extra available when I feel my shampoo isn't doing enough on its own. The conditioner is lovely, but did not do anything special. Works well with the line, but is not an essential that I couldn't replace with something else. However, I like the idea of a unified regime and might pick it up again when I get through the vast amount of other conditioners I have in my collection.

I hope the review was helpful if you are considering buying it. Let me know how you get on with it if you get something from the line or if you have any other recommendations for similar products!


Thanks for reading and see you in my next post!

Rawr,
your Beautysaur

2 comments:

  1. Sem najprej kupila ta šampon za mastno lasišče in suhe konice in mi je bil prav všeč. Tak dober šampon. Zdajs em kupila še tistega proti prhljaju, ker me je že pred nekaj časa spet napadel. Kar se sicer zgodi poredko. Se mi zdi, da mi tudi pri tem pomaga. Zadnje čase me L'Orealovi šamponi navdušujejo. :) Tista linija za debelejše lase me je najprej navdušila. Po tvojem opisu me je zamikala še maska. Sploh za mamo bi to bilo zanimivo, ki ima res precej hitro mastne in kratke lase. Super si ocenila ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trenutno mam tale purifying šampon pa mi je ok, sam nisem pa opazila, da bi kaj pomagal pri podaljšanem času čistih las. Men se res takoj mastijo.. morm še mal preizkusit preden se odločim al mi je kul al grem nazaj na moj preljubi Fibrlogy. Maska gre pa na WL, me prav zanima če bo kej efekta na meni.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...