Friday 27 February 2015

Garnier Pure Active Blackheads Uprooting Scrub review

As I mentioned in my review of Afrodita Clean Phase Cleansing Gel, I like using stronger product when it comes to deep cleansing my skin. I bought this one when I ran out of my last face scrub and was really intrigued by the blackhead uprooting promise. I've been putting it to the test for the last month or so and results are really satisfying.


The packaging promises a lot. Blackheads uprooting, a concentrated formula with 2% salicylic acid and herbal repair. The product is supposed to help reduce spots and clear the marks and discoloration on the face.

A little bit about the ingredients :
The salicylic acid helps to open up the pores and clear the bacteria and can also help to chemically exfoliate the skin.  By cleaning the pores, it also helps prevent new spots. Use of menthol in the product helps improve the blood flow in the area, causing a temporary plumping effect, and is usually added to the product that are supposed to refresh, revitalize and enliven the skin.



The product comes out as a thick cream with lots of different size particles that help to manually exfoliate the skin. The scent is very strong and distinctively minty, to the point where the scent alone can really irritate the eyes when the cream is applied. The product is quite harsh and therefore probably not appropriate for sensitive skin. 

When the product is applied, you get a strong cooling minty sensation. With massage the product gets a bit foamier and easier to work into the skin. When applying it, I focus mainly on the problematic areas, which for me are my nose, cheeks and chin. After I work it into the skin, I thoroughly rinse it off with water and a flannel.


The results:
It leaves a cooling sensation on the skin, the pores are visibly clearer and the skin feels deeply cleansed. Given that this is a really strong product, I only use only every other day.

The results are gradually starting to show, my skin is clearer, there are less blackheads and less discoloration on the skin. I did break out when I started using this, but I kind of expected that, because the product was bringing all the dirt to the surface of the skin.


I'd strongly recommend it, if you have oily skin with clogged pores, but this definitely won't be for anyone with sensitive skin.

Thanks for reading and see you in my next post!

Rawr,

your Beautysaur

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...