Monday 20 January 2014

Let's get Naked!

In the world of makeup EVERYBODY (and their mother and their brother and their cats) know about the Urban Decay Naked Palettes. First there was just Naked, than it was Naked 2 after that came Naked Basics and Naked 3 recently caused quite a stir when it came to the stores.
I was into makeup since I can remember but I must admit that for the longest time, I was choosing product based only on their price. It took me quite a while to understand that sometimes, spending more money on a really good product is better than buying lots and lots of bad ones. The Naked Palettes were stuck in my mind, I’ve read so many reviews, seen so many tutorials and I knew I need to have one. 




On a trip to Barcelona I was so excited to find Sephora and I ran in there, straight to the Urban Decay display. And I just stood there. There were 3 awesome palettes in front of me and due to my budget I could only afford one. So I spent quite a massive amount of time in front of them, looking at them, swatching, comparing and trying to decide. At the end I bought the Naked 2 and even now, I am happy that I chose this one. Don’t get me wrong, if I could, I would buy all of them, but since I could only afford to buy one, this one was the best.


 I've had it for something over a year now and honestly say that there has rarely been a day when I didn't use it. Here is what I think about it:


The packaging is really good, sturdy and durable with a large mirror inside. But most of all I was drawn to colors. The Naked Palette’s color range is more on the cold side while the Naked 2 has slightly more warm toned colors. It comes with a little lip gloss and a two side brush (which is quite nice for blending the shadows,)

The palette has 12 different eyeshedows ranging from very light highlighting colors to very dark ones. I honestly love every shadow in the palette. Their texture is really lovely, almost buttery which makes them really easy to apply and blend. They don't crease and their lasting power is amazing. When all of my makeup has worn of, my eyeshadow is still there, looking as good as it did when I put it on.

Here are the swatches in different lightings:


Inside:
1. Foxy,   2. Half Baked,  3. Bootycall,   4. Chopper,   5. Tease,   6. Snakebite,   7. Suspect,   8. Pistol,   9. Verve,   10. YDK,   11. Busted,   12. Blackout

Outside:
1. Foxy,   2. Half Baked,  3. Bootycall,   4. Chopper,   5. Tease,   6. Snakebite,   7. Suspect,   8. Pistol,   9. Verve,   10. YDK,   11. Busted,   12. Blackout

Outside in direct sunlight:
1. Foxy,   2. Half Baked,  3. Bootycall,   4. Chopper,   5. Tease,   6. Snakebite,   7. Suspect,   8. Pistol,   9. Verve,   10. YDK,   11. Busted,   12. Blackout

And here are the individual swatches:


1     FOXY is a pretty egg-shell colored matte eye shadow. I like to use it as a base color or to help blend the colors towards the brow bone. It is great if you are going for a no-makeup makeup look.

HALF BAKED is a lovely gold shadow. I use it for a gold-brown smoky eye look or under my lower lash line for a pop of color. This one contains some glitter so there might be a little bit of fallout if applying generously.

BOOTYCALL is a shimmery white shadow. I like it all over the lid for more innocent looking eyes, on my brow bone or in my inner eye corners, to brighten up the eye. (I sometimes use it on my cheek bones as a highlight as well; it adds a really lovely sheen to my face.)

CHOPPER is a glittery copper shadow. I really like it in the summer time because it catches the sunlight beautifully.

TEASE is one of my most used colors. It looks great in the crease; it deepens the look without making it look like you are even wearing makeup. It is matte and for me it also works as brow filler.

SNAKEBITE is a brown, earthy toned color, great for creating a smoky eye.

SUSPECT is a light, frosty brown color. I sometimes use it all over the lid or just in the inner parts of the lid when I am going for a smoky eye. (I like using Suspect and Snakebite together for a smoky eye look.)

PISTOL is a grey shadow with brownish undertones. I usually use it in the outer corners of the lid or as a transition color in a very dark smoky look.

VERVE is a shimmery silver. I put it on the inner corners of the eye, or pop it on the middle of the lid to create some dimension.

YDK is a bronzy brown glittery color that looks really pretty on the lid. It is one of my favorite colors.

BUSTED is a dark brown color that looks awesome in the pan but is slightly disappointing when applies. I would prefer if it looked a bit darker.

BLACKOUT is a deep black matte. I use is for a very dark smoky eye or as a soft black eyeliner.







That was my little review of the Naked 2 palette. I know that the palette has been out for quite a while and that there are many reviews out there, but I wanted to make this post because I love the palette and wanted to let you know what I think about it. 
I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for great quality neutral eye shadows. It has everything you need to create any kind of neutral eye look.

Thanks for reading!

Rawr, 
your Beautysaur


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...