Monday 3 March 2014

Best Dressed: Oscars 2014

Hello everyone, I have a little bit different post for you today. I've been browsing through the Oscars pictures, checking out all the lovely gowns and decided to share my top 3 favorite with you.

Lupita Nyong'o in Prada
http://uk.eonline.com/photos/11632/2014-oscars-red-carpet-arrivals/361336
The best dressed in my opinion was Lupita Nyong'o. She was wearing this gorgeous blue Prada gown. It looks so lovely and flowing and is a great contrast to her skin. It reminds me of a Greek goddess type dresses, with a refreshing blue tone. I like the fact that there are not many accessories as well as a choice of a simple nail color. A lovely pink toned lipstick compliments the dress very beautifully. The only downside for me is the hair, but we’ll let that go, since everything else seems so pretty.

Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace
http://uk.eonline.com/photos/11632/2014-oscars-red-carpet-arrivals/361579
Another gorgeous gown was worn by the beautiful Kate Hudson. She was wearing a gorgeous Atelier Versace light silver gown. I love the cape, the shoulder detail and a torso knot. The dress hugs her body creating an amazing silhouette and flows out a bit at the bottom. The cape gives it that extra something that makes it stand out amongst the others. I love how the color looks against her skin, making her look so radiant and fresh. I also like the hair but am not such a fan of the darkish smoky makeup. I think it would look better with a lighter eye look and a pop of color on the lips. Again, I like the simplicity of the accessories that finish up the look perfectly.

Calista Flockhart in Andrew Gn
http://uk.eonline.com/photos/11632/2014-oscars-red-carpet-arrivals/361346
The third gown I would like to share with you is this white Andrew Gn piece worn by Calista Flockhart. On the first glance it looks like a simple white dress, but when you look closer you see all the beautiful embellishments all over the dress. It fits her perfectly, making her look so delicate and pretty. I adore the round green earrings, they are really simple yet the green makes them look so sophisticated and makes the whole outfit amazing. The clutch for me is nothing special; I actually wish that she would have chosen something green again, to add a bit of contrast here as well. The hair and makeup are pretty plain which is the thing I don’t like about this look. It would be amazing if her hair didn’t look like she just woke up from sleeping with her hair in a messy bun.

I adore all three of these gowns, which were actually quite hard to pick from all the amazing Oscars outfits. Which outfit from the Oscars was your favorite?

Hope you liked this a little bit different post and thanks for reading!

Rawr,

your Beautysaur
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...