Tuesday 21 October 2014

Autumn Series: Labello Lip Balms


I little while ago I was sent a little package from Labello. It included three different lip balms (and a bag of roasted almonds) and I was really excited to try them all out. After testing them out for a while, I am ready to tell you how I feel about them.
First of all, I just have to say that my mom adores the original plain blue Labello lip balm and claims that she cannot live without it. Given that, I've known and have been using Labello lip balms practically my whole life.


Labello Fruity Shine Cherry

My favorite for a long time was the cherry one, because it made my lips practically red (I put on an insane amount at a time) and it was a great way to bend rules about not being allowed to wear makeup. The only thing that bothered me was the strange after taste and sense it left in my mouth after I used it.

I'm not sure whether they were re-formulated, but the one I got in the package doesn't have such a strong after taste. There is still a light trace of it, but I can live with that. It has the same cherry scent I remember from my childhood. When used, it leaves your lips looking a little bit red and shiny.

It doesn't last a very long time, but I find that happens with all the lip balms, as I tend to »eat« them when drinking, eating…  I like how it makes my lips feel, moisturized but not too greasy (– I prefer lighter balms in the day and stronger ones before I go to sleep.) With SPF 10 it also offers a protection from the sun.

I think it is a lovely product, especially for autumn time, when it gets a bit colder, lips get drier and I start wearing red on the lips again. It's a quick, fool-proof version of a red lipsticks for those who are afraid of a full-on red lipstick or simply don't want to bother with an actual lipstick.

The price for 4,8g of product is about 1, 88 €.



Labello Lip Butter Coconut

I adore Labello lip butters and they are by far my favorite lip balms. My favorite is the Vanilla one, but I also love the Raspberry one. 

When I heard that new scents were available, I knew I'll have to get my hands on those. I couldn't find them anywhere in the stores so I was extremely excited when I saw this one in the package.

It has a lovely coconut smell and feels light but nonetheless very moisturizing on the lips. It has shea butter and almond oil in it making it even more nourishing and soft.

 Otherwise it is very similar and just as good as the Raspberry Rose one that I reviewed here, so you can read more about it there.

My only question is why would they bring out the exotic coconut scent at the beginning of the winter? Doesn't make much sense, I'd prefer to use it in the summer, but that doesn't change the fact that I absolutely love it.

The price for 19ml/16,7g of product is about 2, 50 €.



Labello Repair & Beauty

This one is supposed to be a two-phased technology which is supposed to repair and intensively nourish the lips; it should help to with cracked lips and give them a nice shine at the same time.

I admit, I didn't read the information about it before I used it, and was completely surprised when I felt the menthol on my lips.  I checked the ingredients and found out that the core consists of menthol, provitamin B5, vitamin E and glycerin and is supposed to restore the natural balance of the moisture in your lips. The core is the part that is supposed to help repair your lips.

The outer part is a light pink color and consists of jojoba oil, shea butter and rose pigments that should give your lips a nice rosy sheen. The lip balm smells slightly menthol-y, with notes of rose, jasmine and orange blossom.

I thought I wouldn't be impressed with this one and was planning to give it to my mum, but lately I find myself reaching for it and carrying it around in my purse. It seems such a simple but effective lip balm and I've grown very fond of it.

The price is about 3, 31 €.

I'd love to know what is your current favorite lip balm?

Hope this helps you when you will be choosing your next lip balm!

Thanks for reading and see you in my next post!

Rawr,
your Beautysaur


*The products were sent to me to try by the company. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely mine and will never be influenced by the compensation received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...