Tuesday 30 June 2015

Review: The Body Shop -Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil


Let's talk skincare today! Last year, one simply couldn't go on the internet without hearing about The Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. At first, I was completely uninterested, especially since I often suffer from oily skin. After hearing and reading all the raving reviews, the cleansing oil landed on my wish list. It wasn't until March that I got the chance to visit The Body Shop store in Vienna, where I picked it up.




This was the first oil I ever used on my face and I admit, I was equally excited and scared to see the results.  The product comes in a sturdy plastic bottle with a secure pump. You get 200 ml for around 13€.

I took quite a lot of time to test out this product, because I really wanted to make sure, I formed a full opinion. Worried that it would break me out, I was extremely cautious during the first days of using it. Luckily, there were no breakouts and I was seriously impressed by the performance of the product. With only one pump of the product, I was able to remove all traces of my makeup, even the waterproof eyeliner and mascara (yes, the Maybelline Waterproof Rocket was gone too!).  When using a ridiculously huge amount of makeup, or really bright colors on my face, I use two pumps, and all makeup is gone without a trace.


To remove the makeup, I apply the product on the dry face and gently massage it to dissolve all the makeup. After that, I use warm water and massage the face, until the oil turns into a slight foam. I use a wet towel to remove the rest from my face.
As I said, my skin is naturally quite oily, and to prevent any breakouts I wash the face again, using the Afrodita Cleansing foam. That way I get rid of any possible oily residue and help to prevent any breakouts.

The texture of the product is quite runny but still very oily. It's scent is very lovely and calming, to the point that is gets me very relaxed every evening. When washed off, it leaves the skin feeling clean but moisturized and healthy. My mum loves it, because it doesn't further dry out her skin and keeps her face moisturized during the night.


There are two small issues I have with this oil. Sometimes, there is a slightest amount of oil left on the eye area after washing the face, which isn't irritating, but can compromise your vision for a minute of two. This mainly happens when I can't be bothered to properly rinse off all the product, so the fault is more or less mine. The other issue is the bottle, no matter how careful you are, it tends to get all oily and slippery. I don't really mind that when the bottle resides in my bathroom closet, but it does present a problem when traveling.


It's been two months and my skin seems to love the product. Even though I use it every single night (and my mum »borrows« it quite often as well) I've only used up about a 1/5 of the bottle so far. At that rate, I won't need a new makeup remover this year (how amazing is that?), which makes this product quite a bargain!


From what I can tell by mine and my mum's experience, the product is appropriate for both oily and dry skins and is extremely gentle, so it doesn't irritate the face. 
If you are in the market for a new makeup remover, and are looking for a gentle but extremely effective product that will make you feel pampered every evening, this might be just the right thing for you!

What is your favorite makeup remover? Have you tried any other cleansing oils that you recoomend?

Thanks for reading and see you in my next post!

Rawr,
your Beautysaur


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...