Wednesday 30 September 2015

First Impressions: Bourjois AirMat Foundation

It has not been long ago when I saw that Bourjois is releasing a new foundation. Being a big fan of their foundations, I was immediately intrigued and my interest only peaked once I realized that the new foundation is called AirMat and promises a light and matte finish. It was a very lucky coincidence that I found a display in a drugstore in Croatia and therefore got to try it out even before it appeared on Slovenian markets.



The product comes in a plastic, peachy tube with a shiny silver lid. It promises to deliver flawless complexion with a matte finish that feels light on the skin and doesn't dry it out. It's very easy to precisely dispense the amount of the product, which is great, because you really need the smallest amount to cover the whole face.

 The foundation starts out as a thick cream which softens when applied to the skin and blends easily into the skin (I prefer application with the brush, because it gives the look a more blended feel) where it dries to a matte finish.


 The final texture reminds me of those cream-to-powder products, because the skin looks and feels very natural after the foundation sets. Surprisingly, I don't even feel the need to use a powder to set the foundation, because it keeps my face looking matt without adding any powder on top. The product has a slight scent, a gentle floral but almost refreshing one that I don't really mind.


The coverage is impressive, even the smallest amount of product evens out my skin tone and hides and redness underneath. Only the brightest and biggest imperfections are still slightly visible, but even they are easy to hide with a concealer. I usually don't use a primer or a concealer with this foundation, because I feel it gives me more than enough coverage for daily wear. 


The foundation stays on my face for the majority of the day and only starts to disappear around the nose after a few hours. As I said, no primers or powders are needed to keep my skin looking matte for the whole day!


This will be a welcome addition to the makeup stash of any girl that has problems with oily skin, because it keeps the face looking flawless and matte but still feels light and doesn't clog the pores. It will, however, probably not work for those with dry skin, because it could emphasize the dry patches on the face.


 The main downside in my opinion is the shade range, while I managed to find a perfect match for my skin, there are not that many shades available to choose from (at least not in Croatia) which might cause a problem, especially for very pale girls. I usually go for medium-dark shades, but had to pick the lightest one there (02 Vanilla) to match my skin. 

Still, this for me is a really amazing foundation, and I am really happy that there is something like this, that suits us with oily skin, on Slovenian markets.


Thanks for reading and see you in my next post!

Rawr,
your Beautysaur

14 comments:

  1. Tipično, spet smo zadnji pri novostih. Ravno včeraj sem si ogledovala 01 odtenek pa je še vedno bil malce pretemen za mojo kožo. Mogoče bi ti bil bolj všeč kot 02 :)
    Sliši se čudovito glede prekrivnosti, ravno nekaj kar sem iskala a se bojim da bo preveč matt na moji suhi koži :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sej je 02 res dober match za mojo kožo, samo ker vem, da sem običajno pri temnejših tonih, se mi je zdelo da res primanjkuje svetlejših barv za tiste, ki so bolj blede :) Za suho kožo pa najbrž res ne bo... :)

      Delete
  2. jas sem ga tudi danes kupla v dm-u na kupončke tak da se že veselim preizkušanja, po tvoji objavi pa še bolj !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ko sem videla, da pride na trg sem bila prepričana, da ga kupin, ampak sem si premislila. Brala sem že nekaj prvih ocen in tiste s suho kožo trdijo, da ni primeren za njih, zato tudi zame ne bo. Je pa super, da je vsaj odličen za nekoga z mastno kožo, ker se mi zdi, da je zdaj toliko teh dewy podlag, da je bilo kar težko najti kaj mat :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Res je, meni se tudi zdi da je bilo v poplavi dewy finishev težko najti kaj dobrega matte :)

      Delete
  4. Sliši se res super, morem malo pogledat za odtenki, ker so mi Bourjois podlage ponavadi preveč rumene. No razen njihove CC kreme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni so pa Bourjois ravno zato všeč, ker imajo tudi rumene podtone :D

      Delete
  5. I always love reading foundation reviews because I always worry when buying a new one because you just can't know how good it will be :) I think I will definitely pick this up tommorrow because for me staying matte and lasting all day are the main things I want from a foundation !

    Lots of love,Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works for you just as well as it does for me :D

      Delete
  6. No, zdaj, ko sem to prebrala bi ga pa še jaz rada probala ... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Če iščeš nekaj z mat finishem, se res splača :)

      Delete
  7. Bere se odlično, edino RES škoda za odtenke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Res škoda, čeprav je pa končno nekaj kar ustreza mojemu tonu kože, kar je že cela redkost :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...