Sunday 12 January 2014

Let's cook! Yummy fried rice recipe

There are days where I really don't know what to make for lunch. The fridge looks empty, nothing looks tasty and I really crave something new and delicious. Friday was one of those days and I’ve spent an eternity walking around the kitchen, looking for ideas. Finally I decided to make some sort of rice dish and the ideas started pouring in. I’ve wanted to use up bits and pieces that were laying in my fridge and after checking out my ingredients I decided to make veggie fried rice. I was trying to make my lunch similar to the dishes you get in Chinese restaurants, but if you decide to use the recipe, you can use any sort of vegetable or other ingredients and make it a little bit different.

To make this dish you are going to need:

 rice
onions
carrots
broccoli
corn
leek
eggs
soy sauce
sesame oil

Here are the ingredients that I've used.



1. Prepare the rice according to the instructions on the package and set aside.

2.     If you are using fresh veggies dice them into small bite pieces (since my fridge was more or less empty, there was not a big variety of fresh vegetables, so I opted for some frozen carrots and broccoli). Clean and dice the onion.

3.     Heat about 2-3 teaspoons of sesame oil in a pan over medium heat and add onions. After a couple of minutes add the rest of vegetables and continue to cook until everything is tender.

4.     (optional) Add an egg into the pan and just mix it with other ingredients.

Mixture of vegetables and eggs.

5.     Stir in some soy sauce and garlic powder and cook for a few more minutes.

6.     Finally, add rice and stir occasionaly to “fry” the rice. Season (or add more soy sauce) according to your taste.

7.     Serve and sprinkle on some cilantro to decorate.

8.     Your fried rice is ready to eat. Bon appetit!



Thanks for reading!

Rawr, 
your Beautysaur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...