Sunday 9 February 2014

Lost in books #1

I am a little bit late (ok, a lot) with this one, but it was amazing and I can’t pass it up. And there is still some time until the last movie comes out, so you still have a chance to at least read the last book (if you haven’t already) before the last movie is done.




The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins



What is it all about:

The Hunger Games is a series of young adult adventure science fiction that consists of The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay. It takes place in totalitarian nation of Panem from somewhere in the future. The country with twelve districts is ruled by the wealthy Capitol. As a punishment for rebelling in the past, one boy and one girl are selected each year to participate in the annual Hunger Games. The “tributes” in the games are forced to fight to the death and the winning tribute and it’s district is rewarded with food, supplies and riches. The protagonist of the series is Katniss Everdeen from the district 12 who becomes a tribute in the Hunger Games.


What I thought about it:

I blame my boyfriend for falling in love with the series –he took me to see the first movie, and I was hooked.  I finally got to read the books when I got my Kindle and I went through them in a few days. It’s a thrilling and exciting read that kept me wanting more till the last page. I must admit I had to take a pause when I got to the last part of the third book, because I had to prepare myself for the ending. Fortunately, everything turned out just as I wanted, but I was still left with an empty void in my chest, knowing I’ve finished these awesome series. 


Anyways, I strongly recommend it and if you haven’t read it yet, make yourself a favor and read them. You won’t regret it!
Thanks for reading!
Rawr,
your Beautysaur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...