Tuesday 8 April 2014

Sally Hansen Extra Moisturizing 4-in-1 treatment

My nails are badly misbehaving lately. They are dry, fragile and tend to break all the time. This is one of the things I use to try and get them into a better condition.



 This is a Sally Hansen nail polish that claims to be a 4-in- treatment. It is supposed to work as a
1)      base coat
2)      strengthener
3)      growth treatment
4)      top coat
+it is said to contain a moisturizing complex

I found it last autumn in a TK Maxx in München and when a single polish promised that much in one item I have to get it. At the time, my nails were simply awful and almost non-existent as they tended to break so much, there was almost no nail left –very painful indeed. So, I gave it a try and it seemed to do something for my nails, as they didn’t break so much and were feeling a little bit more hydrated. From then on, I’ve been using this with some other products and my nails are slowly recovering.


From my experience, this is a lovely base coat, creates a smooth surface and most importantly adds moisture beneath other nail polish coats. It works as a nice top coat as well, even though it doesn’t add that amazing high-gloss finish that some other polished tend to do. As far as it being a strengthener and a growth treatment, I am not so convinced. It does slightly strengthen nails (enough for them to not break all the time) and nails do grow (as they tend to do anyways?) but there is no groundbreaking effect in this area. I have some other polishes that are far better strengtheners and growth treatments.


The reason I love it are its moisturizing effects. It is a great starting item if you have really bed nail and are trying to get them sorted. This adds some moisture into the nails and after a while you can start working on strengthening and adding length by using other products.

Do you know about any great moisturizing / strengthening / growth treatment products? I would love to know about them as I am always looking for products to improve my nails!

Thanks for reading and see you in my next post!

Rawr,
your Beautysaur
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...