Wednesday 24 December 2014

Blogmas 24: The Christmas Tag

Today is Christmas eve, my favorite time of the year, and I am going to spend my day with the family and my boyfriend, enjoying good food, relaxing in front of the fireplace and exchanging the gifts. I found this Christmas Tag and though it would be a great thing to do for today's Blogmas.


What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Without a doubt Holliday and Love Actually –it has become a strong family tradition to watch them every year during Christmas time.

Have you ever had a white Christmas?
I had, I think quite a few times when I was younger. I was hoping it would snow this Christmas, but weather this year is unfortunately very warm and not at all winter-y.

Where do you usually spend your holidays?
I am a very sentimental person and I think that holidays should be spent with family. I always spend my Christmas (and usually New Year's Eve) with my family and my boyfriend.

What is your favorite Christmas song?
For a few years now I've been obsessed with the Fairytale of New York. It is such a perfect song and I am capable of listening to this song throughout the whole day. But I must add that I am completely obsessed with all the other Christmas songs as well.



Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Me and my family are a bit untraditional and we actually open all the presents on Christmas eve. I actually consider the Christmas Eve as Christmas.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I don't even know all the names in English, plus I am not even sure I can name them in Slovene. But I know Rudolph, does that count?

What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
My family and I have a tradition of watching all the Harry Potter series throughout December, and if we are quick enough, we also watch the LOTR series.
Me and my dad are huge puzzle enthusiasts and in December, we try and find some time to build a few of them together in front of the fireplace, usually while watching Christmas movies. It doesn't get much better that that!

Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Our tree is fake and I don’t really mind that, even though I think it would be quite cool to have a real one.

What is your all-time favorite holiday food/ sweet treat?
Our homemade cookies. We only have time to make them in the Christmas time, but when we do, it is a whole family project and I love it. They are so delicious!

Be honest – do you like giving gifts or receiving them better?
I love both, but I love giving gifts a little bit more. I start planning for gifts in October or November already. I love the process of picking them out, finding the right wrapping paper, wrapping them, giving them and then seeing happiness of person’s face when they open them.

What is the best Christmas gift you have ever received?
In 2012 my boyfriend did the “Twelve days of Christmas” for me, where he made and gave me small gifts each day for 12 days until Christmas. It was the cutest, sweetest and the most romantic thing ever.

What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Me and my friends were planning to visit Vienna, Bratislava and Salzburg this Christmas time, and even though we unfortunately can’t really afford to go, it would still be a great trip!

Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
Not to brag but I am great at wrapping Christmas presents. Probably because I love it so much and spend hours wrapping and decorating gifts –and loving every minute of it!

Most memorable holiday moment?
The last Christmas that I spent with my grandmother. It was –simply put- lovely.

What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I don’t really remember I just know I had to pretend that I believe in Santa for a few years after, because of my younger brother.

Thanks for reading and see you tomorrow! 

Happy holidays,
your Beautysaur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...